CANADA POST USER EXPERIENCE RESEARCH PANEL
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Your participation in Canada Post’s User Experience Research Panel is subject to the following Terms and Conditions.Please review them carefully.
Please see below for a glossary of defined terms used in these Terms and Conditions.
- Purpose. We have designed the Panel as a way to solicit Feedback from selected users of Canada Post’s website.We will operate the Panel on an ongoing basis, subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- Eligibility.Panel membership is only open to Canadian residents who are at least 18 years old.By participating as a Panel member, you confirm that you meet these requirements.
Each person may only maintain a single Panel membership.You may not submit more than one Panel membership application under the same or different names and/or user IDs.You may not transfer your membership to anyone else.
We may add other eligibility requirements from time to time. By continuing to participate after we have notified youof any new eligibility requirements, you will be confirming that you meet those additional requirements.
- Application Information.You confirm that you have provided us with up-to-date and accurate information on your application, including your name, address, phone number and all other personal information. If any of your information changes, you will promptly notify us of the changes.
- Approval. Your application to be a Panel member is subject to our approval.Approval of your application to become a Panel member is solely at our discretion.
- Participation.If you are a Panel member, we may from time to time use the contact details you have provided to invite you to provide Feedback in connection with a Study we are conducting.We might ask that you provide your Feedback online, over the phone, in person or otherwise.
Membership on the Panel will not necessarily mean that we will ask you to participate in any Study.For each Study, Canada Post will determine in its sole discretion which members to invite to participate.
While you are a Panel member, your participation in any particular Study will always be voluntary.And you can notify us at any time that you wish to stop being Panel member by emailing us at UserResearch@canadapost.postescanada.ca. After we receive that notice, we will no longer ask you to participate in any Study.
- Feedback.You promise that all Feedback you provide will be truthful and accurate.
- Payment.We may pay participants for participation in one or more Studies.This may take the form of free samples of merchandise, gift cards or other forms of consideration.The value of any payment will be as determined by Canada Post in its sole discretion.
- No Employment Relationship.Your participation on the Panel and/or any Study does not in any circumstances create any kind of employment relationship with us.
- Confidential Information. For some Studies that we invite you to participate in, we may provide you with Confidential Information.You may not use Confidential Information in any way or for any reason other than for the purposes of providing us with Feedback as requested by us for the Study. You will not disclose the Confidential Information or any part of it to any other party unless you have our express written permission to do so.
- Current Services and Beta Versions. For some Studies that we invite you to participate in, we may ask you to make use of a Current Service or we may provide you with access to a Beta Version.The Beta Version and all of its attributes will be Confidential Information.In addition to the obligations you have with respect to Confidential Information, you may not copy, modify, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to gain unauthorized access to a Current Service or Beta Version or any parts of them.
- Authentication Credentials. We may provide you with login or other authentication credentials to access Current Services or Beta Versions, or we may prompt you to choose your own.In all cases, you must treat your authentication credentials as Confidential Information and not disclose or make them accessible to any other party without our express written permission.
- Feedback belongs to Canada Post. Any Feedback you provide us will automatically become Canada Post’s property.Canada Post will have no obligation to you or any other party with respect to your Feedback, including any obligation to (a) review the Feedback, (b) make payments in connection with the Feedback, or (c) keep the Feedback confidential.Canada Post may freely use or redistribute your Feedback in any way and for any purpose.This section applies regardless of anything you state to the contrary when you submit your Feedback.
- Licence to use Voice and Likeness. If we have invited you to participate in a Study and you have agreed to participate, we may record your voice, likeness and/or other attributes in the course of obtaining your Feedback.When we do so, you hereby grant us an irrevocable, world-wide, sub-licensable licence to use your voice, likeness or other attributes, in whole or in part, in any manner and for any purposes connected with the Study and/or the operation of the Panel, including without limitation for assessment purposes and training.
- Changes.We may change or cancel the Panel at any time in our sole discretion.We may also suspend or terminate your participation in the Panel at any time.
- Costs.Unless expressly agreed to otherwise in writing by Canada Post, you are solely responsible for all of your own internet, data, telephone and all other costs incurred by you to participate as a Panel member.
- Participation at own risk. Your participation as a Panel Member is solely at your own risk.We make no representations or warranties about any Confidential Information, Current Service or Beta Version in connection with any Study and provide them strictly “as is” and “as available”.Without limiting the statements above, Canada Post is not responsible for any (a) service shortfall, error or failure, (b) any failure of a Current Service or Beta Version to meet your expectations, (c) viruses or other malware, or (d) downtime or failed connections.
We may discontinue or modify a Current Service or Beta Version at any time.Your use of a Current Service or Beta Version may be subject to additional Terms and Conditions as stipulated by Canada Post.
- No Liability. Without limiting what is set out in the section above, none of the Canada Post Parties will have any liability whatsoever to any party in connection with the Panel, any Study, and/or your participation as a Panel member.If you suffer any damages of any kind or have any dispute with any of the Canada Post Parties with respect to the Panel, any Study or your participation as a Panel member, your sole remedy is to cease being a Panel member.
- Compliance with laws.In the course of your participation as a Panel member you will comply with all applicable laws.Without limiting that obligation, you will not harass any other party or include any defamatory, obscene, offensive or abusive language, images or other content in your Feedback or any other communications.
- Indemnity.You will indemnify and hold harmless the Canada Post Parties from any damages, claims, losses, fines, penalties and/or third party claims suffered or made against any or all of the Canada Post Parties, or any combination of them, which have resulted from your negligence, willful misconduct and/or breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Governing Law.These Terms and Conditions will be governed by the laws of Ontario.Unless otherwise required by the Canadian adjudicating body holding jurisdiction, the venue for any legal proceedings will be within the province or territory within which the Panel member resides.
GLOSSARY OF TERMS
The following capitalized and other terms used in these Terms and Conditions have the corresponding meanings set out below:
“Beta Version”means software, functionality or other service in development by or on behalf of Canada Post, which Canada Post is in the process of testing but has not yet finalized for public release.
“Canada Post”, “we”, “our” and “us”refer to Canada Post Corporation.
“Canada Post Parties”means Canada Post, its shareholders, affiliates, contractors and agents, and all of their respective directors, officers or employees.
“Confidential Information”means any information relating to Canada Post and/or its products, services, customers, suppliers or other parties connected to Canada Post, in any form, that Canada Post has disclosed or made available to you or that you otherwise have access to through participation as a Panel Member.Confidential Information does not include information that Canada Post has made readily available to the general public.
“Current Service”means a Canada Post product or service that Canada Post currently offers to businesses and/or consumers.
“Feedback”means suggestions, comments, questions or ideas that you provide to us in any form or medium, and whether at our request or on your own initiative, regarding:
- (1) Canada Post’s website
- (2) Any actual or potential Canada Post product or service;
- (3) Your experiences with Canada Post; or
- (4) Any other aspect of Canada Post’s existing or potential operations.
“Panel”means Canada Post’s User Experience Research Panel.
“Study” means an interview, survey, trial or other activity conducted by Canada Post with the aim of collecting Feedback.
“Terms and Conditions”means these Canada Post User Experience Research Panel Terms and Conditions.