Browse this topic
We've designed this document for customers using:
- Incentive Lettermail™
- Neighbourhood Mail™
- Personalized Mail™
- Postal Code Targeting
- Publications Mail™
It’s meant to:
- Inform these customers of the cut-off times applicable at our facilities
- Find the acceptable induction locations for Machineable Mail mailings
The information provided on these pages is subject to change without notice.
Delivery standards for items deposited at our facilities depend on cut-off times. We require cut-off times, a common business practice, to allow time for local processing (sorting and dispatching to downstream locations) to meet delivery standards. Delivery standards aren’t guaranteed.
Cut-off times for mailings deposited at Canada Post Receipt Verification Units (RVUs)
We’ll process mail received at a Receipt Verification Unit (RVU) at different times depending on when we received the mail.
Subject to verification by us, if we received the mail:
- Before the published cut-off time:
- We’ll process the mail on the same business day
- After the published cut-off time:
- We’ll process the mail on the next business day unless operational capacity in the deposit location allows for same-day processing
Neighbourhood Mail cut-off times for local delivery in an urban centre
Subject to verification by us, Neighbourhood Mail received at a Delivery Installation:
- Before 11:00 a.m. may result in the delivery beginning the next business day
- After 11:00 a.m. may result in the delivery beginning the second business day after the deposit of the mailing
Refer to the Depositing section of the Neighbourhood Mail customer guide for more information.