Why buy a prepaid reloadable card*
Easy to use
Which card should you choose?*
Cash Passport™ Prepaid Mastercard®**
- Use anywhere Mastercard is accepted
- Great for travel
- Great for shopping on U.S. and international websites in their local currency
Canada Post Prepaid Reloadable Visa® card***
- Use anywhere Visa cards are accepted
- Ideal for everyday use
- Perfect for in-store and secure online shopping in Canadian dollars
The sale of new Visa Prepaid Reloadable cards will be temporarily discontinued as of June 1, 2021.
Please note: October 31, 2021 is the last day funds can be loaded on the Visa Prepaid Reloadable card and remaining funds on the card must be used by December 31, 2021.
Please re-visit our page for updates about the new upcoming Visa card program.
How much does it cost?^
|Cash Passport Prepaid Mastercard||Canada Post
Prepaid Reloadable Visa card
|$2.80 monthly inactivity fee1||$3 monthly service fee|
|Transaction fee||1.5% for domestic spend only||0%|
How prepaid cards work
- Go to the post office
Bring a valid government-issued photo ID.
- Load your card with funds
- Prepaid Reloadable Visa card customers must call in to activate their card.
- Cash Passport Prepaid Mastercard customers can load Canadian dollars and lock in their exchange rate (7 currencies available).
- Spend your money online or in-store
The cards are accepted at millions of merchants worldwide and online.
- Keep track of your money
Review your transactions and balance online, or use the Zenwallet app to keep track on-the-go (available in the Google Play and Apple App Stores).
How to reload your prepaid card
** Mastercard is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated or its licensor.
*** Visa is a trademark of Visa Int., used under license.
^ Prices exclusive of taxes and subject to change without notice.