Offering you more at the post office
Our partnership with MoneyGram enables you to reliably and affordably send money transfers around the world from over 5,200 post office locations.
Why use MoneyGram
It’s quick and affordable
No bank account necessary
Protect your money
3 ways to receive money
How much does a money transfer cost?
If you’re sending more than $500, use the online MoneyGram calculator to find out how much the transfer will cost.
How to send a money transfer
Send your money from the post office, start the transfer online and complete the process at the post office or send entirely online.
- Go to the post office
Find a post office convenient to you.
- Provide information on the recipient
- When sending transfers for cash pickup: Bring your identification, the address and name of your recipient that is shown on their identification as well as your payment method.
- When sending transfers directly to a bank account: Bring your identification, the recipient’s full legal name, their bank name, their account number and bank’s address as well as your method of payment. Account details vary by country with some requiring additional information.
- Complete your transfer
Pay the transfer fee and the amount you want by cash or debit card. Please note that you can’t pay by credit card.
- Get your MoneyGram reference number
Give the MoneyGram reference number to the person receiving the money.
Start your money transfer online
- Go to MoneyGram
Log in or create a MoneyGram account.
- Complete the money transfer form
Fill out information about yourself and the person you’re sending money to and you will be provided a barcode.
- Pay for your transfer at the post office
Go to a post office location near you with your barcode. Pay the transfer fee and for the amount you’re sending by cash or debit card.
Do more with MoneyGram
Receive money transfers
Read the terms and conditions
MoneyGram and the Globe are registered trademarks of MoneyGram Payment Services, Inc. Canada Post and MoneyGram are independent entities and are not affiliated with one another. Services provided by MoneyGram are subject to additional terms and conditions stipulated by MoneyGram. All information about MoneyGram’s services has been provided by MoneyGram and Canada Post does not promise that it is accurate or complete. The resolution of any issues arising from your use of MoneyGram services will be solely between you and MoneyGram.
* A currency exchange rate may apply. MoneyGram makes money from currency exchange. MoneyGram and the Globe are TM/MD of MoneyGram.
** Subject to agent operating hours and compliance with regulatory requirements; in minutes service excludes send to account service. For send to account service, timing of funds availability depends on destination country and is subject to banking hours and compliance with regulatory requirements.
*** Dependent on availability at the post office.
**** Timing of funds availability depends on destination country and is subject to banking hours and compliance with regulatory requirements.