Why use Hold Mail
Mail is safe
Whether you’re on vacation or away for home renovations, we’ll hold your mail in a secure Canada Post facility.
Handle temporary business closures
Ideal for schools, seasonal businesses and home-based offices that regularly shut down. Mail stays private.
Easy to buy and manage
Online or at the post office, in a few short steps. Back early? Cancel your service to resume delivery.
Here’s what we don’t hold
- Parcels (for example XpresspostTM or Regular Parcel TM)
- Prepaid envelopes
- Newspapers and flyers delivered by other parties
- Personal mail delivered to a business/institution such as an office building, a hospital or a hotel
- Mail received at a shared postal address (i.e when the same address is used by more than two businesses)
- Mail through a privately administered mailbox company
How much does it cost?
Whether you’re purchasing for business or home delivery, your mail is safely held by us and delivered when you return.
Buy residential Hold Mail to suspend mail delivery at your home address. Individuals can include up to four names at the same location in the base fee; with option to include up to four additional names, for a fee. You can’t include a business name in your residential request (it’s only for individuals). Service typically begins 3 business days after you place your order.
$22.75 for up to 2 weeks per household*
Each additional week is $11.25
Each additional name is $4.00
Buy business Hold Mail when you’re away from your business location. Businesses can include up to two business names and up to two individual names at the same location in the base fee; with option to include up to four additional individual names, for a fee. Service typically begins 3 business days after you place your order.
$46.75 for up to 1 week*
Each additional day is $9.30
Each additional individual name is $4.00
What you need to get started
You need a Canada Post account to purchase a Hold Mail service.
Whether you purchase Hold Mail online or at the post office, you’ll need a government-issued photo identification and proof of authorization if you’re ordering on behalf of another person.
- Sign-in to your Canada Post account or sign-up.
- Enter your address and identification information.
- Choose the length of service.
- Pay with our credit card.
Buy at a post office
Fill out an order form at home to save time at the post office.
- Visit your nearest post office.
- Show your identification and pay.