How to create an order and drop off a Machineable Mail mailing
When you are ready to send a Canada Post Personalized Mail™ mailing that you prepared, you’ll need to:
- Prepare the Statement of Mailing paperwork for your order
- Drop off your containers at a deposit location that can process machineable mail
How to create your Statement of Mailing
Use your Canada Post Commercial Customer number to access our free electronic shipping tools (EST). You can register for a customer number if you don’t have one.
- If you didn’t do it before addressing your mailing (recommended), run your mailing list through Canada Post recognized address validation software now.
- Using EST, fill in and transmit your Statement of Mailing. Print two copies to bring along when you deposit the mailing.
How to drop off your mailing
You need to take your mailing to a location that can process machineable mail. Find your nearest deposit location. Note that some facilities ask for advance notification that you’ll be bringing in your mailing.
You’ll be asked for:
- A statement of address accuracy from Canada Post recognized address validation software, if your mailing has more than 5,000 pieces.
- 2 printed copies of your Statement of Mailing.
- A sample piece of mail that is identical in size, weight, and content to your mailing’s items.
- The Personalized Mail items you’re mailing.
If your commercial customer account includes a billing agreement, your company will be invoiced. Customers without a billing agreement can pay by credit card at the time the Order is created in EST. In some locations a business cheque or certified cheque for the full amount of the mailing may be accepted. Find full details on payment here.