EST Online will be replaced for Commercial Shippers, February 2022
In February 2022, EST Online will be decommissioned and replaced by our latest shipping tools.
Commercial customers with a shipping contract can use our newest tool, Shipping Manager.
Give yourself plenty of time to get comfortable with the new design—start using Shipping Manager now. It’s easy to use with great new features, and you can login using the same username and password as your EST Online account.
In February 2022, EST Online will be decommissioned and replaced with Shipping Manager.
Commercial customers without a shipping contract can now use Snap Ship.
Shipping Manager updates the EST Online experience with a new look, new features, and updates to existing ones:
- New types of templates: You can save a set of packaging dimensions and shipment weight as a selectable template for future shipments. You can also save customs information for an item that you regularly ship.
- Multiple shipping labels: You can create more than one shipping label at a time, and pay for them together at checkout.
- Save shipments for later: Select the shipments you want to pay for and leave the rest for later.
- Integrated customs form: When sending to a U.S. or international destination, the customs form is automatically added to the label creation steps.
- Order history: View your recent orders within the tool. Reprint labels for active orders.
- Payment by account: Depending on the details of your contract, pay by account or use a pre-entered or new credit card to pay.
- Address Books: Access your EST Online address books automatically.
- Book an on-demand pickup: Save yourself a trip to a Canada Post location—a driver will pick up your shipments. Shipments can be added to existing pickups or new ones.
- Create different business profiles: Ship on behalf of different customers by selecting them in the business profiles drop-down while creating your first shipment.
- Edit an order after adding it to the cart: Need to update the address or the contact phone number? No problem, just click the edit icon in the cart to change details of your shipment.
- Pay by Supplier Account either by entering it at the time of check-out or saving it to your profile.
Not a commercial customer with a shipping contract? Learn more about Snap Ship.
Shipping Manager FAQ
What is Shipping Manager?
Shipping Manager is a tool used by business customers who have a parcels contract to create, pay for, and print shipping labels online.
Who can use Shipping Manager?
Any business customer who has a parcels contract can use Shipping Manager. They only need to be signed in to their business profile.
Can international and U.S.-based customers use Shipping Manager?
Shipping Manager is for customers located in Canada. However, a customer whose Canada Post profile has a non-Canadian address can use the tool by adding a Canadian sender address as a secondary address.
When should I use Shipping Manager over Canada Post’s other shipping tools?
You should use Shipping Manager if:
- you are a business customer with a parcels contract
- you send medium volumes of packages daily through Canada Post
- you want to pay by account or credit card
I have more than one contract. How do I select the right one when I’m creating a shipping label?
By default, Shipping Manager uses the first contract that’s recorded in your business profile. You can add more contracts within the tool, then select the appropriate one when creating a shipping label.
What is the difference between Shipping Manager, Snap Ship, and EST Online?
All three tools are used to create shipping labels for Canadian, U.S. or international destinations, and offer their respective users shipping discounts.
Snap Ship is a tool for small business shippers who are members of the Solutions for Small Business program.
Shipping Manager is a new tool for commercial shippers with a parcels contract.
EST Online is a soon-to-be-decommissioned tool that business customers with specific account criteria can use.
In February 2022, Shipping Manager will fully replace EST Online.
Will small business customers who are part of the Solutions for Small Business program ever be able to use Shipping Manager?
Shipping Manager is specifically for commercial business customers who have qualified for a parcels contract. As a small business shipper, if your shipping volume becomes sufficiently large, you will have an opportunity to transition to a shipping contract and enjoy more discounts.
Can a commercial customer without a parcel contract use Shipping Manager?
Only customers who have a parcels contract will have access to Shipping Manager.
Commercial customers without a contract can use Snap Ship.
What payment methods are available in Shipping Manager?
Customers can pay by account or credit card. Customers can use the credit card stored in their business profile, or enter new credit card information during checkout.
Which services can I access in Shipping Manager?
A variety of domestic, U.S., and international shipping services are available. The services available for any particular shipment depend on your contract details, the shipment destination, and its weight and dimensions.
Can I import or maintain an address book in Shipping Manager?
You presently cannot import an existing address book into Shipping Manager. However, you can save recipient addresses to build an address book within the tool. Additionally, in Shipping Manager, you can see any addresses you have saved in an EST Online address book.
When you start typing an address, matching saved addresses are displayed. Simply select the one you want to ship to. If you would like to save more addresses, select the Recipients link from your cart.
Is there a maximum number of shipments allowed in one order?
You can add up to 50 shipments per order. After 50 shipments, you will need to pay for some or all of the order at checkout.
Can I pay for only some of the shipments in my order?
Yes, you can select which shipments are part of your order at checkout. After completing payment, the other shipments remain on your order page. Note that these shipments will expire 7 days after you create them.
Can I use the tool if I don’t have a printer?
You do not need a printer to use the tool. After paying for your order, you have the option of bringing your unlabelled shipments and email receipt on your mobile device to any full service post office. The receipt includes a code that can be scanned to print your label.
How can I access Shipping Manager?
Shipping Manager can be accessed from the Tools page: https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/tools.page
Can I pay using my supplier account?
Yes, you can pay for your order using your supplier account.
Why can’t I get access Shipping Manager?
If you aren’t able to access Shipping Manager (for example, the tool is “locked” on the Tools page), you may not be signed in to the correct profile. To use Shipping Manager, sign in to the business profile used for commercial shipping with a parcels contract.