MyMail Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to your use of the Canada Post Corporation (“Canada Post”) MyMail application and related services (“MyMail Services”). By accessing and using the MyMail Services, you accept and agree to be bound by and comply with these Terms and Conditions. If you do not accept and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, please do not access or use the MyMail Services.
- You may receive notifications for mail sent to your household. This is also true in multi-person households, whether or not you are the recipient of the mail piece. If you live in a multi-person household, you are responsible for ensuring all members of your household are aware of your use of this service.
- As part of the registration process, Canada Post will send a notice in the mail advising all household members that their address has been registered under MyMail Services. If any member of the household wishes to opt-out of the program, the service will be de-activated for the entire household.
- You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of your Canada Post profile information settings prior to commencement of any MyMail Services. If your address changes once your MyMail Services have commenced, you must update your address information in the MyMail settings or on the web and correctly answer questions to verify your identity. At this point, your eligibility will be reassessed to ensure your new address is eligible for MyMail Services.
- If you move to a new address while registered for MyMail Services, and you sign up for Mail redirection through Canada Post, no redirected mail will be captured through MyMail Services.
- Canada Post reserves the right to restrict or prevent your access to or use of the MyMail Services if your access or use is deemed by Canada Post, in its sole and absolute discretion, to be detrimental in any respect to the operation of the MyMail Services or the access or use of the MyMail Services by anyone else. For greater certainty, you agree to cease and desist from any such detrimental access or use immediately upon request by Canada Post.
- Not all mail types will be identified through MyMail Services, including but not limited to oversized mail, handwritten envelopes and some promotional mail which cannot be scanned or identified by Canada Post’s automated sorting equipment, according to Canada Post in its full and absolute discretion. Mail and packages that cannot be scanned will not be communicated in the application and email alerts.
- Canada Post reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to modify, discontinue products or services related to MyMail Services without notice to you the user.
- The MyMail Services may provide links to third party web sites or destinations. Canada Post does not endorse the information contained on those web sites and destinations, or guarantee their quality, accuracy, reliability, completeness, currency, timeliness, non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for any purpose. The content in any linked web site or destination is not under Canada Post’s control, and if you choose to access any such web site or destination, you do so entirely at your own risk.
- Without limiting any other limitations of liability that apply, none of Canada Post, its shareholders, affiliates, or any of the foregoing parties’ respective directors, officers, employees or contractors will have any liability whatsoever for any loss or damages arising in connection with your use or attempted use of the MyMail Services. This limitation of liability applies (a) no matter what kind of loss or damage you experience, including, without limitation, lost business profits, property damage, personal injury or any other loss or damage; (b) whether the action is in contract, tort or otherwise; (c) even if Canada Post is expressly advised of the possibility of loss or damage; and (d) not matter what caused the loss or damages, including without limitation Canada Post’s negligence or gross negligence.
- You will indemnify Canada Post, its shareholders, affiliates, or any of the foregoing parties’ respective directors, officers, employees or contractors against all claims, damages, losses, fines, expenses (including all legal fees and costs) and/or any other type of liability that arise from any damage, obstruction, interference, loss or theft of any property or information of Canada Post or any other party that you cause through your use of the MyMail, or that is caused by someone who has obtained from you information we have sent you in the delivery notification or any other communication.
- Canada Post may in its sole discretion (a) modify, suspend or cancel the MyMail Services or any part of it without notice; and or (b) amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice. Your continued access to or use of the MyMail Services after any changes to these Terms and Conditions indicates your acceptance of such changes. It is your responsibility to review these Terms and Conditions regularly.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the applicable laws of Canada. These laws apply to your access to or use of the MyMail Services, notwithstanding your domicile, residency or physical location. The MyMail Services are intended for use only in jurisdictions where they may lawfully be offered for use.