Step-by-step guide to shipping outside of Canada
Tools and resources to help you ship internationally
Whether you are an individual sending a package to relatives overseas or a business shipping commercial goods to the U.S. and around the world, we have the tools and resources to guide you through the international shipping process.
For individuals and households
- Get tips on how to wrap your package for shipping.
- Get a list of shipping services, features, options and costs by entering your parcel details into Find a Rate.
- Complete your customs form online before you send your item. You’ll get a barcode to bring to the post office with your parcel.
- Before you start, check that the type of item you are sending can be sent by Canada Post and accepted by your destination country:
- Read about Canada Post’s non-mailable matter.
- View a list of items that are restricted and prohibited for your destination country. You’ll also find documents required for customs clearance, size and weight restrictions and more. Look up your country in our international destination listing.
- Choose a shipping service with the help of these resources:
- Get details about features and options for our shipping services in the Parcel Services Customer Guide.
- Compare services and prices with Find a Rate.
- Find out how long it takes for your shipments to reach their destination. See delivery standards.
- Find out about export and customs requirements in our Postal Exports guide.
- Prepare your shipments and mailings with our online shipping tools.
Still need help? Find answers and contact us through our Support page.