The following examples illustrate best practices for implementing AddressComplete. They show the most efficient and user-friendly approaches to implementing AddressComplete, and the steps you can take to achieve these implementations.
The second example is similar to the first in that the AddressComplete lookup is contained in a separate field. However, in this example the address is returned as a complete label into a text box, and a manual edit link is available that reveals the individual address elements. Again, this is a clean and clear address lookup form that retains the user's ability to manually edit the fields, but places those fields out of the user's view unless a user explicitly chooses to view them.
- Sign up for AddressComplete.
- Create a new installation.
- Select 'No' in the onscreen setup to remap your fields.
- Map your lookup field to Formatted Address. Under More Options, check Search and uncheck Populate.
- Uncheck Search in all the other fields.
- Map your address box to Formatted Address and uncheck Search for this field.
- Select Done and complete the setup!
- Sign up to AddressComplete.
- Create a new installation
- If your fields have mapped correctly, select 'Yes', otherwise, select 'No' and map your fields correctly.
- Select done and complete the setup!