Browse this topic
Accepting a commercial Order
Before accepting a commercial mailing, make sure:
- Each parcel has a unique shipping label affixed to it and listed on the manifest. A completed manifest may be submitted with a shipment containing more than one parcel.
- A bill of lading form is acting as a combination manifest/shipping label for a single item.
- Items bear a full and complete “to” address and a Canadian return address.
- Item weight doesn’t exceed 30 kg (Canada). This may be less for parcels to international destinations.
- Each item’s shipping label delivery options, dimensions, and weight match the Order documents.
- Each item has an official Canada Post barcode that’s:
- Legible (not covered up)
- Flat (not folded, crinkled, or creased)
- Ideally placed lengthwise on the item
- Barcodes aren’t folded around or over the side of the item.