(Country code: CG)
Maximum Coverage = Maximum Declared Value for Carriage for the Priority™ Worldwide service.
Senders should determine import restrictions from the country's authorities before posting:
- alcoholics beverages
- books and printed publications
- jewelery, costume
- medical samples
- medical/dental supplies and equipment
- negatives, X-rays and films
- personal effects
- plants and parts of plants
- tobacco products
In addition to items considered non-mailable matter, the following are prohibited:
- animal and animal products/skins
- bullion and currency
- drugs, prescription, non-prescription
- film, undeveloped
- gambling devices
- Jewellery, precious stones and metals
- money orders
- military samples
- satellite, satellite parts.
Information regarding Customs can be found in "Customs Requirements" of the Canada Postal Guide.
All goods mailed to Congo require an import permit.
The following documents may be required:
1. DAU (Unique Administrative Document)
2. Commercial Invoice
3. Payment Slip receipt for Duties and Taxes
4. Import Declaration
5. Import License
Importers of agricultural and food products are required to present an import license from the Ministry of Commerce, as well as a Pre-Import Declaration. All shipments with FOB value higher or equal to three (3) million XAF (Congo Francs) need a Verification Certificate.
The company BIVAC International is in charge of pre-shipment inspection of imports valued at USD 2,500 or greater. The Dominon Republic of Congo’s import-export control authority (OCC), through BIVAC, verifies the quantity, quality, and price of imports without a pre-shipment inspection certificate.