(Country code: MV)
Maximum Coverage = Maximum Declared Value for Carriage for the Priority™ Worldwide service.
An import permit is required for many goods. Before posting any item, senders should confirm that the addressee has any necessary permit. Senders should determine import restrictions from the country's authorities before posting:
- chemical and chemical products
- communication equipment
- live plants and animals
- live fish and frozen meat
- pesticides and fertilizers
- tobacco and tobacco products
In addition to items considered non-mailable matter, the following are prohibited:
- alcoholic beverages
- cards depicting nudes
- drugs and medicines
- idols (for worship)
- narcotic and psychotropic substances
- live pigs
- religious materials offensive to Islam and idols (for worship).
Information regarding Customs can be found in "Customs Requirements" of the Canada Postal Guide.
All correspondence should be in English.
In order to complete the declaration procedure, the Goods Declaration must be completed and the following documents may be required:
1. Goods Declaration Form
2. Pre-Valuation Form
3. Commercial Invoice
4. Bond Receipt/Post Airway Bill (Postal Items)
5. Courier Airway Bill (Courier Packages).
Items for which goods declaration is not required:
1. Duty allowances declared by the president
2. Personal effect items
3. Items brought in by local passengers when entering Maldives after a long period abroad
4. Items brought for establishment by professionals coming to work in Maldives for a period of more than 6 months.
For commercial imports the following documents may also be required:
1. Importer Registration Form
2. Original Importer License Permit
3. Original Company Registration
4. Original Vessel Registration.