(Country code: NI)
Maximum Coverage = Maximum Declared Value for Carriage for the Priority™ Worldwide service.
Senders should determine import restrictions from the country's authorities before posting:
- alcoholic beverages
- animal products/skins
- coffee, coffee samples
- cologne and perfume
- communications equipment
- cotton, cotton seeds
- grain samples
- medical samples
- plant and plant products
- radar equipment transmitters
- radio equipment and parts
- telecommunication equipment
- works of art.
In addition to items considered non-mailable matter, the following are prohibited:
- coins, banknotes, securities
- clothing or sacks, used
- gambling machines
- log and timber products from Liberia
- lottery tickets and advertising
- military uniforms
- obscene or immoral articles
- platinum, gold, silver
- pharmaceutical products of unknown composition
- police whistles
- precious stones, jewels or valuable articles
- tobacco products, unidentified
- travellers cheques
Information regarding Customs can be found in "Customs Requirements" of the Canada Postal Guide.
In addition, commercial goods require an invoice endorsed by a Nicaraguan consul. The article must be endorsed INVOICE ENCLOSED.
The following documents may be required:
1. Original Invoice
2. Declaration of invoice authenticity
3. Permits issues by Nicaraguan authorities
4. Certificate of Origin.